FREEDIVING IS ABOUT INWARD POWER, DISCIPLINE AND CONTROL. If you’ve always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediver program is your step towards discovering the underwater world in a whole new way. Beginning with the PADI Free diver certification, you will gain the training and discipline needed to stay safe during breath hold dives. Afterwards, you can continue your education and progress to new depths with the PADI Advanced Freediver, Master Freediver and Instructor level courses.
What will you learn as a PADI Freediver?
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases:
• Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with the PADI Freediver Touch TM (your instructor may conduct class sessions.)
• Confined water session to learn breath hold techniques and static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet.
• Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight free dives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight free dive of 10 metres/30 feet.
• PADI Basic Freediver - 12 years old or older (confined water only)
• PADI Freediver - 15 years old or older
How can you start learning now?
Contact your local PADI Freediver Center or PADI Freediver Instructor and get the PADI Freediver TouchTM. The Touch is an interactive study tool that gives you the background information you need to free dive safely and allows you to study at your own pace. When you purchase the PADI Freediver TouchTM, it comes equipped with PADI Freediver, Advanced Freediver, and Master Freediver course materials.
Already a certified freediver with another agency?
Continuing your education is easy with PADI. Contact your local PADI Freediver Center or PADI Freediver Instructor to get started on your next level of Freediver training.